California Riverside Ballet (CRB) is dedicated to the advancement and accessibility of classical and contemporary ballet to our local community. Founded in 2022, the CRB Summer Intensive Fund’s purpose is to broaden the instruction and performance opportunities for the underserved communities and aspiring dancers of Riverside County, California. These scholarships act to further our mission of enriching life through the presentation of classical and contemporary ballet.
CRB will offer financial need-based scholarships to qualified students accepted into a Summer Intensive Program within the United States.
Amount: $500-$2,000 eligible towards tuition or program-provided housing, to be submitted directly to the program in the recipient’s name.
For application to the CRB SI Fund:
Scholarship decisions are based on a combined evaluation of financial need as well as the demonstrated potential for success as a future professional dancer.
Applicants must meet the additional following criteria:
- Must be accepted into a professional ballet school summer intensive program.
- Must be between 12 and 21 years old (at the time of application).
- Must be a resident of Riverside County, California, USA.
- Completed online application
- A personal essay from the student. The statement should address the following three questions:
- How has dance enriched my life?
- What would the scholarship mean to me?
- How will I use my time in the program?
- A letter of financial need written by a parent or guardian. This letter should provide detail on the circumstances for why the scholarship is needed and provide facts and supporting documentation.
- A letter of support from a current ballet teacher or director.
- Head shot and recent two minute video demonstrating the applicant’s technique through their movement.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Applicants are eligible to receive only one Summer Intensive Fund Scholarship annually.
Scholarship funds to be paid directly to an eligible program expense. Eligible program expenses include tuition/fees paid to the program or room/board when paid directly to the program, or other charges as defined by the financial aid administrator of your program. Scholarship funds will be paid to your program after your enrollment has been verified. If you have already received other grants and awards which exceed the total of authorized program expenses, this scholarship may be reduced or withdrawn. If you transfer or withdraw from the program to which this scholarship is paid, it must be refunded to California Riverside Ballet.
It is the recipient’s responsibility to make sure tuition and all other expenses relating to your program and accommodation are paid. It is the recipient’s responsibility to let California Riverside Ballet know what the payment relates to. This is to enable your dance institution to correctly allocate the payment against your various accounts.
Scholarship funds must be used by September 30, 2022, or funds will be forfeited.
Funds are non-transferrable.
Funds will not be paid directly to the scholarship recipient.